Sunday 3 November 2013

My Wedding Shoes - The Next Episode!

On the 18th May 2013 I married the true love of my life, the father of my children and my sole mate in a small ceremony at a country house in Staffordshire. However there was a slight twist to this wedding ... the theme was STAR WARS!!

To cut a long story short we met at university and played alot of on line computer games and notably a Star Wars game called Star Wars Galaxies ....  so what a perfect theme to go with. Obviously given the venue it was a little watered down but there was alot of key elements in there to keep the guests on their toes :D


The Shoes:

Soooo here's the main deal ... On the day they were a beautiful platform ivory satin peep-toe from Belle with a RRP of £99 but I only paid £10 off Ebay (worn once before for 4 hours) - BARGAIN!

Here is a collage of the shoes taken by my wonderful wedding photographer Catherine Pound Photography


However after the big day they looked a little more like this .......



Some of the rhinestones were missing, they were mud stained and dirty in the toe area, they would not have come up totally clean by the dry cleaners and I could have dyed them black or something but that would be boring! So in keeping of my wedding thing there was only one thing to do ........

I decided to decoupage them! with Star Wars snippets none the less to keep the theme of my big day going :D I had seen various shoes done with different comics and magazines in different themes and 'professional' done ones are an arm and a leg in costs. I thought I'll give it a go seen as I'm at a little bit of a loose end craft wise now the wedding is done and dusted!

Searching the web high and low, looking at other blogs, video clips etc etc I got a good idea of how to go about it ...



2 comments:

  1. Simply amazing. You are one clever lady with a pair of kick ass heels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou!!!! Not bad for a first attempt :) May the Force be with You!

    ReplyDelete